Who to Contact


Moving to university can feel a little daunting for many. Staying in halls of residence at Imperial, however, is a fantastic experience. Each hall has a support network of current students, at both postgraduate level (called subwardens) and undergraduate level (called hall seniors), who live in halls during term time and who are always available to give practical advice and to help you settle in to life at Imperial. At Wilkinson Hall, there is a team of 3 subwardens and 6 hall seniors, led by the Warden. More information about the wardening and senior teams can be found here.

The wardening team is available as your first point of call for help and support for matters related to your welfare and well-being. A member of the wardening team is on call 6pm-8am weekdays and throughout weekends to sensitively handle any matters that you wish to discuss. These could be anything such as late-night noise preventing you from studying or sleeping, concerns you may have about your health or the health of another student, a situation that you want to talk about in confidence, or an emergency out-of-hours building maintenance matter. If it is not too late in the evening, the on-call warden (also known as the Duty Warden) might also let you back into your room if you’ve locked yourself out!

The Duty Warden number can be found on the front page of the hall website – we recommend that you add this to your mobile phone so that you have it handy in case of need.

College Services

The College has a number of other welfare and advice services, including a Counselling Service, a Health Centre, a Student Advisor, a Disability Advisory Service, and a Multi-Faith Centre and Chaplaincy. You also have available a number of external sources of help, such as NHS Direct (for out-of-hours health related support), and Nightline and the Samaritans (to talk in confidence about anything that may be troubling you). Links to all of these services and more can be found on the College’s Student Space webpage.

For serious emergencies on campus (ie, those for which you need to call the Police or an Ambulance), you should always call College Security on 0207 589 1000 (or 4444 from a College telephone extension) who will be able to call and direct the appropriate emergency service to your location.